200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Empower that which lies within.
Riverstone Yoga brings you a comprehensive yoga teacher training based on the Hatha yoga tradition. We will explore in depth many different yoga styles including Vinyasa), Ashtanga, Vinyasa Yoga and Iyengar. Our training has been created to help you find your personal power and passion, courage and strength both on and off the mat, whether you aspire to instruct or simply wish to grow your practice to a new level. Our philosophy is to introduce you to yourself, to encourage to you find your path and the healing power of yoga for yourself and your students. We are a Yoga Alliance Certified School.
Our teacher training provides you with the methods and tools needed to teach a safe and dynamic yoga class. We follow the Yoga Alliance training hour requirements in the following areas.
- Technique Training/Practice
- Teaching Methodology
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers
The Riverstone Yoga Teacher Training certificate program is designed to increase your economic viability giving you the confidence and knowledge in various settings from private sessions, corporations, schools, sport teams, health clubs and more.
We’re a local studio with a global view.
Our program is unique
- Learn to Teach
- Understand the art of sequencing
- Alignment Essentials .
- Freedom to find your own style
- Learn the Art of Presentation
- Understand key differences in hot/not-hot yoga styles
- Learn how to create a dynamic class
- Understand safe and effective adjustments
- Guided mentorship
- Hands-on instruction in small, intimate groups
- Practice and preparation through teaching simulated classes
- Access to senior teachers
- Teaching based on our modern day yoga practice
- Continued support and guidance throughout your teaching career
Accessible training options
- Balanced training schedule. We open with a 10 day intensive to fully immerse yourself in the training and then proceed with just two weekend intensives. The training is designed so that working participants will only have to take off 5 days of work and can efficiently complete the 200 hour classroom requirements in one month.
- Convenient location in Westchester, NY. The studio is located within walking distance of the Tarrytown Metro North train station and in close proximity to many hotels should you need accommodations during the yoga teacher training.
- Thu & Fri Jan. 19 – 20 (6pm – 10:30pm)
- Sat & Sun Jan. 21 – 22 (8:30am – 9pm)
- Mon – Fri Jan 23 – 27 (9am – 9pm)
- Sat & Sun Jan 28 – 29 (8:30am – 9pm)
Weekend Schedule (2 Consecutive Weekends)
- Fri Feb. 3 (6pm – 10pm)
- Sat & Sun Feb. 4 – 5 (8:30am – 9pm)
- Fri Feb 10 (6pm – 9pm)
- Sat & Sun Feb 11 – 12 (9am – 4pm)
- Sat & Sun Feb 18 -19 (extra class time if needed & graduation)
Classroom training concludes within a quick 1 month period. Certain yoga classes are included in your class time and some yoga classes can be taken as your schedule permits during the week and before and after the classroom portion of the training. As part of your homework, students will have the opportunity to take and observe additional classes at Riverstone.
Our comprehensive program will focus on the essential asana principles of alignment, anatomy, breath, movement and core strength. Our philosophical practice is based on the tenets that a physical practice is just the beginning of the journey; it is a mere conduit to help awaken the mental discipline and practice of quieting the mind and self reflection. At Riverstone you will explore different styles of yoga, incorporating traditions found in the hot and non hot environments allowing you to find your personal path as a teacher.
Upon completion, you will have gathered the tools necessary to practice, teach, and serve the needs of yourself, your students, and the world beyond the mat. We recommend a minimum of 1+yrs of regular yoga practice or fitness regime before entering the training program.
Read testimonials from our graduates here!
Membership in all Riverstone Yoga Classes are free for students enrolled in the Riverstone Yoga Teacher Training during the duration of the yoga teacher training and apprenticeship. Teachers may be permitted to apprentice. An audition is required to become an apprentice and teach for Riverstone Yoga. Click HERE for an application or stop by the studio.
Price is $3195.* Until Dec. 15, 2016. After $3495.
- A $600 deposit is required with your application. This deposit is non-refundable unless your application into the program is not approve.
- A payment of $2000 is due upon acceptance to the program and the remaining balance is due at the first class, January, 19, 2017.
- Books and other required materials will be an additional personal cost of approximately $100.
- Yoga teacher training fee includes unlimited yoga classes for the duration of the course.